Bootstrapping Identity and Consent
Full Title or Meme
A ceremony must be performed to establish identifiers and contact information among communicating parties before any other interactions can commence.
- Given the greatly increased legislation that enforces the privacy rights of users of digital communications, some means is needed to identify and contact the parties to a covered interchange.
- Any identifying information about a user must not be released without that user's or a guardian's consent.
- At the end of the ceremony all parties have agreed and consented to their respective identifiers, contact methods and a trust relationship among them.
User Identifier Provider in Cloud
- Where the user is on a device and the user's Identifier or Attribute Provider (IAP) is in the cloud, that provider will also have, at a minimum, user contact information to enable user Recovery and Redress.
- No restriction is placed on whether the user has ownership of the provider, or of their own information on the provider, for this solution to function as required.
- The user navigates to the Resource service on the web, here called a Relying Party (RP) because it relies on information from the IAP.
- The user is required to have a persistent identifier on the RP for reasons that are made clear to the user.
- By the requirements of notification and recovery, this solution will describe some channel to the user, such as email or phone, other notification means are left for other solution descriptions.