Deploy .NET to AWS
Deploying a ASP.NET core website to Amazon Web Services
- Bring up a secure web site deployment with a minimum of fuss.
- At first the challenge is getting the Web Site working well.
- The assumption here is that the design is not fully fleshed out as the User Experience needs to be functional before it can be fully evaluated.
- Later the problem is to get the performance to be good while the deployment expands to multiple instances.
- The largest part of the problem is not getting the web site to run, but rather to ensure that it is secure using SSL certificates and HTTPS.
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) was selected as the resource for its ease of deployment and expansion to handle volume.
- Elastic Beanstalk (EB) automates some of the deployment and expansion services for EC2.
- Windows Remote Desktop was enabled to see what the EC2 instance really looked like. (An instance is one server running the site.)