Develop .NET 5.0
Developing and deploying a .NET core 5.0 App to cross platform for either console or web deployment.
- Bring up a secure web site deployment with a minimum of fuss.
- At first the challenge is getting the Web Site working well when run a localhost on a Windows 10 computer.
- The assumption here is that the design is not fully fleshed out as the User Experience needs to be functional before it can be fully evaluated.
- Later the problem is to get the performance to be good while the deployment expands to multiple instances.
- WarningCS7022 - The entry point of the program is global code; ignoring 'Program.Main(string[)' entry point] Starting with net5.0, I've found that this error can be caused by having stray semicolons above the namespace keyword. Whether this is a bug or intended behavior is beyond me, however make sure you don't have any standalone semicolons
- Error NETSDK1045 The current .NET SDK does not support targeting .NET 6.0. Either target .NET 5.0 or lower, or use a version of the .NET SDK that supports .NET 6.0. CTestAgent C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\5.0.201\Sdks\Microsoft.NET.Sdk\targets\Microsoft.NET.TargetFrameworkInference.targets 141
- Note that the download page says Visual Studio 2019 (v16.9 latest preview)