Full Title or Meme
- An Identifier's primary function is to create a label to which attributes can be attached.
- For an otherwise anonymous connection to enable attribute checking, like the User's that are over 13, 18, or 21 years of age, some ephemeral Identifier is needed to ensure that any verified attribute cannot be reused in some other context.
- Ephemeral Identifiers can be as simple as the User's IP address, HTTPS session number or the Session Identifier (sid) in an OpenID Connect session.
- The Apple Advertising Identifier is designed specifically to track users for the duration of a session, but not between sessions or advertisers.
- The Persistent page shows the antonym of Ephemeral.