Full Title or Meme
A mental image of the state of affairs of the world as we know it or as we would like it to be.
- Reasoning about the current state of affairs of any Ecosystem has proven to be problem that is much more difficult than anyone imagined even 100 years ago when the Frameworks of what could be known were believed to be fixed.
- What has become clear since is that no Framework of any system of knowledge can be above criticism and revision.
- It is difficult to even discuss fixing any problem if the parties to the conversation do not share a common model of the current state of affairs.
- It is even better if there can be agreement about the state of affairs that most participants accept as best for the future.
- Which is not to say that Disruption from some unanticipated solution will not be accepted into the Ecosystem since there will always be opportunity for the dissenters to try other solutions.
- The current state of the internet reflects technology changes already introduced. Since this state is not acceptable to most people and governments, inaction is not an option.
- The General Theory of Living Systems is proposed to be as good as any other theoretical model of looking at information handling systems working together in a common Ecosystem.
- The current problem of discussion is how to build towards an ecosystem with Trusted Identities in Cyberspace while protecting the Privacy of User Private Information.
- The first step is the creation of a Framework of Trust among the parties exchanging information.
- The next step is looking at the User Experience that is the desired result of implementing the this proposed Framework over the full lifetime of all interchanges among the parties.
- The final step is assuring that the proposed Framework is economically viable.
- An important follow-on to the creation of the Framework is proselytizing its acceptance by the community or, in other words, building out the Ecosystem.
- The resultant Framework needs to be resilient, so it is important that Evolution in the face of change is anticipated since no plan can possibly foresee the full impact of proposed changes.
- The only viable option seems to propose and implement the best changes that can be formulated to date, and work to revise the Framework as new problems are discovered.
- This wiki is dedicated to that process.
- John F. Post, Paradox in Critical Rationalism and Related Theories. in Evolutionary Epistemology (1987) ISBN 0-8126-9039-7