Health Care Native App Example
Full Title or Meme
Matching patient health care records and interoperability among EHR have been hard problems to address. Much of the focus has been on the health care providers rather than the patient. But now the patient has guaranteed access to their medical records, they might be able to overcome some of the resistance to sharing seen today. Patient control of the distribution of medical records would give patients both the appearance and the reality of limited access to private health care information. This example of a patient-oriented Native App for them to host on their personal Smart Phone is designed to show how patients might be the best answer to health care sharing in any case.
The Pew Trust reportCite error: Invalid
In a report released in August 2018, RAND recommended a patient-empowered approach for matching involving two main components: validating patient information and a smartphone application, which would then be used together once developed.
In the absence of a single payer health care network, the US is blessed with a plethora of solutions, but plagued with the resultant lack of interoperability.
It is generally agreed that it is better for doctors to have a full set of patient health histories to enable adequate care, especially in life-or-death emergency cases. This sample relies on patient for acquiring and distributing both health care on emergency contact information.
Federated Trust Anchor
- It is likely that a single anchor for a country's health ecosystem is required where any patient or provider can learn the status of any Web Site by providing metadata about the entity that operates the Web Site from a Federation Trust Registry.
- It is likely that the entity operating the Web Site will not be the health service Provider, and so a "On-behalf-of" Identifier is likely to be required as well.
Deborah C. Peel, MD Founder and President Patient Privacy Rights
The best Patient Experience is likely to be enabled by giving the patients the choice of which app to host on their phone based on their own experience with phone apps.
Emergency Contact Example
- Kantara sample with first demo of a Emergency Contact Information Use Case
. See an evolving example of this use case at http://controls.azurewebsites.net
- The H-ISAC Healthcare Information Sharing and Analysis Center provides a forum for coordinating, collaborating and sharing vital Physical and Cyber Threat Intelligence and best practices with each other.
- Healthcare Informatics is an on-line magazine.
- The The Strategic Health Information Exchange Collaborative (SHIEC) is the national collaborative representing health information exchanges (HIEs) and their strategic business and technology partners.
- The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) seems to be pushing back on greater integration in health care.
- Authenticate Node section 19 of (2018-07-24) IHE IT Infrastructure Technical Framework primarily relies on mutual authentication with no specific trust anchor other than X.509 certificate chains.
- IDESG health wiki pages.