Native App Privacy
Full Title and Meme
An application that is installed on a user's computing device can be given access to some parts of user Privacy.
- The first of the Laws of Security tell us that when an attacker gets to run their code on your computer, it is not longer just your computer any longer.
- There are two parts to Privacy (the right to be let alone) that are important on a portable computer device, like a smart phone:
- User Private Data
- Android App list of Data Categories that require User Consent. https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6270602?hl=en
- Apple iPhone App Requesting Permission: https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/app-architecture/requesting-permission/
- Apple iPhone app Requesting Authorization to use System Features: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/core_app/protecting_the_user_s_privacy
- Apple CKContainer manages all attempts to access user data on the device or in iCloud. https://developer.apple.com/documentation/cloudkit/ckcontainer
- Windows (UWP) settings are on all Windows 10 computer, but do not seem to be shown anywhere on the web. Just navigate start -> settings -> privacy -> app settings.