Full Title or Meme
A point in time when everything seems to be in flux. It might be possible to detect a Model Point before it occurs, but not to predict the outcome.
- Virtual Light ISBN. (1993) San Francisco
- Idoru ISBN 0399141308 (1996) Tokyo
- Quote from Wm Gibson, All of Tomorrows' Parties ISBN 0399145796. San Francisco (1999 page 4.
It's all going to change. We're coming up on the mother of all nodal points. I can see it, now it's all going to change. Last time we had one like this was in 1911.
As spoken by researcher Colin Laney, who has a mysterious ability to identify patterns in vast tracts of information. He appears in Idoru and All Tomorrow's Parties.
- Even though Laney could predict when a Nodal Point was coming, he had no idea how it wold play out.
- What we call The Internet has hit several inflection points, commonly called: The World Wide Web, web2 and now web3?
- Democracy itself .
- Even my dog notices when things are not right. His behavior telegraphs his concern that something is about to change that the dog does not understand.
- The conversion from web2 to web3 seems like a Nodal Point, or not. I am not Lacey.
- Certainly I can predict that wide Artificial Intelligence adoption will be a Nodal Point.
- Kurt Anderson, Evil Geneuses, Random House (2022) ISBN 978-1984801340