Full Title or Meme
A point in time when everything seems to be in flux. It might be possible to detect a Model Point before it occurs, but not to predict the outcome.
- Virtual Light ISBN. (1993) San Francisco
- Idoru ISBN 0399141308 (1996) Tokyo
- Quote from Wm Gibson, All of Tomorrows' Parties ISBN 0399145796. San Francisco (1999) page 4. As spoken by researcher Colin Laney, who has a mysterious ability to identify patterns in vast tracts of information. He appears in Idoru and All Tomorrow's Parties.
It's all going to change. We're coming up on the mother of all nodal points. I can see it, now it's all going to change. Last time we had one like this was in 1911.
- Even though Laney could predict when a Nodal Point was coming, he had no idea how it wold play out.
- What we call The Internet has hit several inflection points, commonly called: The World Wide Web, web2 and now web3?
- Democracy itself .
- Even my dog notices when things are not right. His behavior telegraphs his concern that something is about to change that the dog does not understand.
- The conversion from web2 to web3 seems like a Nodal Point, or not. I am not Lacey.
- Certainly I can predict that wide Artificial Intelligence adoption will be a Nodal Point.
- Kurt Anderson, Evil Geneuses, Random House (2022) ISBN 978-1984801340