Difference between revisions of "Open Source Software"
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
Latest revision as of 12:41, 12 May 2021
Full Title or Meme
Open Source Software means just, and only, that. The software source code is opening available to all, typically on a free web site like https://github.com.
- A common problem with code that was developed in closed, even secretive, environments was often buggy and of unknown quality.
- The opposite is closed source software which is the way that software was originally written.
- The meaning of Open Source Software is sometimes conflated with Free Open Source Software, which is a common attribution that is not shared by all.
- Open Source web site contains a list of FOSS organization and claims the meaning of open source to be FOSS.
- For security of Open Source Software see the wiki page Open Source Security