Full Title or Meme
- There is a lot of talk about User Private Information being a user's Private Property. What does that even mean?
- Self-sovereign identities takes the view that a user's information, include their Identifiers should be their Private Property. That concept is resonating with many people in sympathy with the supposed Anarchy enabled by the Internet.
- While the existence of private property goes back to early Persian times, and is described by Plato and Aristotle, its modern, legal definitions goes back to Toduor England and the Napoleonic Code in Europe.
- The ownership of real Private Property requires documentary evidence which can be a charter, but now is commonly held in a ledger maintained and enforced by the State. Fixed structures on the property are typically part of any deed of ownership.
- The ownership of movable personal Private Property is held by possession or documentation.
- The ownership of intellectual private property is typically granted by the state for limited periods of time.
- Business secrets are typically protected by law.