Revision as of 17:44, 16 December 2018 by Tom (Created page with "==Full Title or Meme== When the Subject of an interchange is given the ability to create an manager their own Identifier and their own Identifier and Attribute Provi...")
Full Title or Meme
- Distributed ID is a somewhat different concept in that it envisions an identity which is broken into may pieces that are hosted by many different authorities and only brought together in a Relying Party upon User Consent.
- The current paradigm in open identity is for each conforming Relying Party to provide a list of Identifier or Attribute Providers that the User could chose from to allow access.
- The big problem is Trust where there are no standards or examples of any trust without a history of trusted behavior.
- The Decentralized Identity Foundation has been created to enable "an open source decentralized identity ecosystem for people, organizations, apps, and devices". The have a list of areas of interest that include block-chain and universal discovery which seem to be diametrically opposite of Privacy legislation like the GDPR and California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
- Decentralized Identity Foundation working groups http://identity.foundation/working-groups