Revision as of 17:44, 16 December 2018 by Tom (talk | contribs) (Created page with "==Full Title or Meme== When the Subject of an interchange is given the ability to create an manager their own Identifier and their own Identifier and Attribute Provi...")
Full Title or Meme
When the Subject of an interchange is given the ability to create an manager their own Identifier and their own Identifier and Attribute Provider.
- Distributed ID is a somewhat different concept in that it envisions an identity which is broken into may pieces that are hosted by many different authorities and only brought together in a Relying Party upon User Consent.
- The current paradigm in open identity is for each conforming Relying Party to provide a list of Identifier or Attribute Providers that the User could chose from to allow access.
- The big problem is Trust where there are no standards or examples of any trust without a history of trusted behavior.
- The Decentralized Identity Foundation has been created to enable "an open source decentralized identity ecosystem for people, organizations, apps, and devices". The have a list of areas of interest that include block-chain and universal discovery which seem to be diametrically opposite of Privacy legislation like the GDPR and California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
- ↑ Decentralized Identity Foundation working groups http://identity.foundation/working-groups