Difference between revisions of "Semantics"
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
* Semantics in data processing goes back
* Semantics in data processing goes back the 1980's when [[EDI]] and [[XML]] structures were being defined.
Revision as of 18:57, 20 April 2022
Full Title or Meme
Based on the obsolete idea that all of language can be divided into Syntax (order) and Semantics (meaning).
- Semantics in data processing goes back to the 1980's when EDI and XML structures were being defined.
- Data dictionaries appeared in the databases with the EAR or Entity Attribute Relational models used with languages like SQL.
- The Semantic Web can be dated to a paper by Tim Berners-Lee's paper
- Webster's Third International Dictionary, Etymology of Semantics
- Berners-Lee +2, The Semantic Web Scientific American (2001-05-17) https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-semantic-web/