Full Title or Meme
Add to ASP.NET Core project
- Add>New Item>TypeScript JSON Configuration File (Do Not change its name)
- in tsconfig.json change target library to a current version, like "target": "es2015"
- and add this line "outDir": "wwwroot/js" which will force the output from the ts compilation to that dir
- Add>New Item> TypeScript File (Any name will work, say add.ts, we assume you are starting with no existing JS, so we call it site.js)
- Since we used an existing file, this line is already in the _Layout.cshtml <script src="~/js/site.js" asp-append-version="true"></script>
- Create an ASP.NET Core app with TypeScript in Visual Studio 2021-10-06
- Since Typescript is an object oriented language, it needs to know how to import the library objects as a part of the IDE in VS.
- Assuming the choice is npm, then node needs to be installed on the device even though it is not needed for the final package for the browser.
- Add > New Item, Choose the npm Configuration File (this will create package.json.
- Include any needed npm packages in the dependencies or devDependencies section of package.json.