Full Title or Meme
A Verifiable Credential is a standard means for moving a claim between trust domains or federations. But since is it a data model and not a data format or protocol, it cannot delivery on that goal.
- The Verifiable Credential was the first of a series of proposed standards to enable Self-Sovereign Identity by enabling the packaging of user identity information that can be verified by the receiver.
- The Verifiable Presentation is create in response to a request from a Verifier which is known here as a Relying Party.
The Verifiable Credential is a Swiss Army knife
The Swiss Army knife was designed for survival in the wild if it were the only tool available to you.
- It was wildly popular and sold or copied throughout the world.
- The Swiss Army knife is not used to fix a car our build a house if there are a purpose build tools available.
- This Evernym atricle seems to be saying both that it does not exist and it is right around the corner. (2020-12-21)
- This was one of the highlights from XXXI Internet Identity workshop:(IIW) presentation by Timothy Ruff (https://lnkd.in/gXDRGMy).