Full Title or Meme
- As the functionality of the Web Browsers and HTML 5 becomes ever more capable, a Web Site can generate a Web App entirely within the browser.
- There is no real demarcation between a Web Site and a Web App except for the existence of a Web App Manifest.
- Typically the Native App will run on a User Device in the user's physical possession, but it is possible that the agent is running on a service in The Cloud.
- The Native App may act like a browser and supply an HTTP user agent string, but it should not be considered to be a User Agent.
- The Native App may act like a web server by registering Native App URI Handlers so that it will receive registered URLs entered into the browser.
- The user will be hard pressed to distinguish between a Web App and a Native App which is a problem as the operating of the environment of the Web App is constrained by the browser that is selected by the user, while the Native App can ask for access to device capabilities that are not available to the Web App.
- Certification of the Web App please refer to page Web App Manifest.
- Native App Security page in this wiki
- Native App Privacy page in this wiki
- W3C page on web apps best practices as of (2010-12-10).
- Progressive Web App page in this wiki