Web Site Security
Full Name and Context
For most of humanity their computer is first and foremost a communications device talking to a collection of Web Sites who must be trusted by the user to enable a meaningful experience.
- The day when a personal computer was for running application for the user is long gone, never to return.
- Today a personal computer depends on cloud based service for nearly all of its functionality.
- Web Site security is becoming widely known as Cyber-Security, probably because that sounds more important somehow.
- This page will only consider the use of a trusted User Agent, typically a web browser from a well-known and trusted vendor.
- For the case of the user allowing a Native App to be installed on their personal device, see the page Native App Security.
- The Web Site exposes its name in a manner that allows the user to make a meaningful trust decision.
- Most browsers come with a feature that will evaluate any file downloaded to a computer based on a set of constantly updated filters installed in the cloud.