Full Title and Meme
A display of information from a Web Site by an application that is installed on a user's computing device with full power to act as the user.
- The first of the Laws of Security tell us that when an attacker gets to run their code on your computer, it is no longer just your computer any longer.
- The Native App that is displaying the Web View is operating on the user's device with all of the privileges that the user enabled when the app was loaded.
- In Open Banking it is proposed that a payment initiator and a bank can both have Native Apps running where the payment initiator app asks the banking app on the same device for permission to remove money from the user's account.
- The article Watch Out for a Clever Touch ID Scam Hitting the App Store shows how unscrupulous apps can fool the user in to granting access to their bank accounts.
- A Web View is a display of information from a Web Site. There is no trustworthy indication that the Native App has correctly displayed the information that it obtained from the Web Site.
- The Native App exposes its name and the web site that backs it in a manner that allows the user to make a meaningful trust decision.
- Joint use Native Apps are provide to some industries for all to use. It makes the trust decision by the user much more difficult.
- Same Site was designed to help, but as of (2018-09-21) is not consistently applied.
- Rules for apps installed on Apple devices are (not clear)
- Rules for apps installed on Android devices 
- Rules for apps installed on Windows devices are of two types, but it is not clear how the user could possibly distinguish, so the concept has not been helpful.
- Pre Oauth Entity Trust describes a means to represent third-party application endorsement for health care applications. POET’s goal is to help consumers distinguish between applications that have an endorsement versus applications that have no pedigree (i.e untrusted and could be malicious).
- Android App list of Data Categories that require User Consent. https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6270602?hl=en
- Apple iPhone App Requesting Permission: https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/app-architecture/requesting-permission/
- Apple iPhone app Requesting Authorization to use System Features: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/core_app/protecting_the_user_s_privacy
- Apple CKContainer manages all attempts to access user data on the device or in iCloud. https://developer.apple.com/documentation/cloudkit/ckcontainer
- Windows (UWP) settings are on all Windows 10 computer, but do not seem to be shown anywhere on the web. Just navigate start -> settings -> privacy -> app settings.
- Handling Android App Links. https://developer.android.com/training/app-links/