Revision as of 11:09, 27 May 2021 by Tom
Full Title or Meme
Wisdom is the next step on the path to [Artificial Intelligence]].
- The human path to coping with Knowledge starts with data which leads to information which leads to Wisdom.
- Ray Kurzweil described the life of knowledge  "Whether data or wisdom, information will survive only if we want it to. By extension, we can only live for as long as we care about ourselves. ... Out civilizations' trove of knowledge does not simply survive by itself. We must continually rediscover, reinterpret, and reformat the legacy of culture and technology that our forebears have bestowed on us. All of this information will be fleeting if no one cares about it. Translating our currently hardware thoughts into software will not necessarily provide us with immorality. It will simply place the means to determine how long we want our lives and thoughts to last in our own figurative hands."
There are two views of wisdom:
- Wisdom came first and then the corruption of it that is our world.
- From the Bible: "Does not wisdom cry out and understanding lift up her voice? She takes her stand on the top of a high hill, she cries out ... When God marked out the foundations of the earth, then I was beside Him as a master craftsman"
- Our world first created intellegny life which is struggling to create wisdom from the existence of that world.
- Ray Kurzweil, The Singularity is Near. (2005) ISBN 0-670-03384-7
- New King James Bible, Proverbs chapter 8