Difference between revisions of "Biometric Attribute"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 10:38, 23 April 2021
Full Title or Meme
Biometrics are literally the measures of the biologic phenotype of a User.
- Biometric Attributes are taken to be exclusively the measure of human characteristics like fingerprint, facial and behavior patterns.
- The human characteristics are another factor that can be a part of Multi-factor Authentication.
- So the human characteristics can be considered to be a Credential.
- The measurements of the characteristic are compared against a template of the characteristics using some Assurance level to produce a Validated claim.
- False positives typically come from either relaxed testing, environmental noise or obsolete technology.
- False negatives infuriate Users which is why false positives are tolerated.
- Attacks against the sensor capabilities. Various movie and television plots have shown the attacks like taking someone's eyeball, or using a thin-film replica of a finger print to complete an Authentication which Authorizes access.
- Attacks against the template store. Access to the Authentication data store can often be the simplest attack as it is based on known techniques.
- Biometric Attributes attached to official documents may inadvertently become Biometric Identifiers which invade the user's privacy. See the wiki page Biometric Identifier for user cases where that has damaged a user's life.
- ISO 30107-3:2017 describes testing of Biometric Attribute presentations.
- The first Level 1 rating in the NIST/NVLAP-certified iBeta Presentation Attack Detection (PAD) Certification test was granted on (2018-09-23) to facetec
- Fujitsu Proposes Windows Hello Palm Vein Authentication in the Workplace 2018-02-12
- ↑ Planet Biometrics, FaceTec notes achievement in anti-spoofing test. (2018-09-23) http://www.planetbiometrics.com/article-details/i/7463/desc/facetec-notes-achievement-in-anti-spoofing-test/