The Identity Management Design Wiki
Use this site to collect from, or add to, the knowledge about real-world implementations of identification of entities involved in computer networking.
This wiki is organized as a collection of Design Patterns, some of which are just a glossary of terms used, and others which go deeper into the design process. It also contains a few long-form articles on broader subjects.
Getting started on Identity
- The Identity page explores the changing expectations that individuals have towards their identity and privacy.
- The Identity Taxonomy page is a good place to start.
- The Identity Model Overview has a good diagram showing the various places that User Information can be found.
- The Identity Model page shows one good way to enable authentication with no leakage of any User Information.
- The Design Pattern page explains the methodology used for creating pages on this wiki and its foundation in community and privacy.
- The General Theory of Living Systems page goes into the relationship between Carbon-based Life Forms and silicon-based life forms.
- Much of the current effort is directed toward the creation of a Federation Trust Registry.
- The Glossary may be accessed by clicking on the Category link at the bottom of this page.
The ability to register new members without admin approval has been blocked due to a massive spam attack. To get a new membership applied please send a mail to email@example.com. All rational requests will be honored.