Full Title or Meme
The increase in cyber attacks and ransom-ware payments is increasing the demand for "experts" beyond the supply.
- It seems that a snake-oil industry is in development to provider service for high costs beyond the capacity of the talent to respond.
- Cybernetics was described by Norbert Weiner before computers were anything more than a curiosity. It was not the source may any terms in English before very suspect activities like Bitcoin.
- New companies like Sentinel One start advertising on national television with no known track record. (2021-10-13 on NBC)
- Finding and fixing Cybersecurity breaches seems like an endless game of "Whack-a-Mole" where the more you whack them down, the faster that keep popping up.
- Caveat Emptor
"The past 10 years have seen a move from R&D in purely defensive enterprise protection concepts to increasingly smart, autonomous, and reactive Cybersecurity research. This movement away from boundary protection and after-attack analysis, to proactive automonic systems has opened the door to new investigations and opportunities that are vital to future R&D.
- Terry Benzel, Cybersecurity Research of the Future CACM CACM 64 no. 1 (2021-01)