The GDPR is well-stocked with 40 different avoidance techniques.
- Lawyers that charge client over $500 per hour have been at work first filling the GDPR with exemptions and now are teaching companies how to exercise those exceptions.
- The net results of these legal efforts is that the GDPR is a scam constructed to help European businesses to withstand technology giants.
The GDPR was never meant to apply to EU Governments or Businesses
If the huge fines against Google were not enough, the recent attempts to exempt every entity operating inside the EU ought to provide plenty of evidence that the GDPR is nothing more than an effort to extract money from successful Silicon Valley companies. See the following stories:
- The EU Parliament voted to collect all residents biometrics data into a single data base.
- The German banks want to right to send all of your credential information from driver's licenses and passport to their customers. 
- For more details see the wiki page on GDPR Avoidance.