Difference between revisions of "Herd Privacy"
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
One very good repudiation of this stated the following<ref>Joshua Brustein, ''
One very good repudiation of this stated the following<ref>Joshua Brustein, '''s $8,6 Billion Private Eye'', Business Week (2022-09-26) pp. 19ff</ref><blockquote></blockquote>
Revision as of 16:22, 26 September 2022
Ful Title or Meme
A wide range of anonymization techniques have been proposed that give the illusion of Privacy.
- Most of the "anonymization" techniques depend on removing all Personally Identifiable Information from the document for from a data base. The fact that this is pure fiction has not stoped the spread of this idea.
- The US Census anonymized census data to provide privacy.
- Bitcoin explicitly claimed it remained completely anonymous even though every participate has a public key which acts just like an Identifier.
- THe W3C Credential Community Group claimed Herd Privacy by virtue of the large number of identifiers flooding around.
ProblemsOne very good repudiation of this stated the following
- Joshua Brustein, Crytpo's $8,6 Billion Private Eye, Business Week (2022-09-26) pp. 19ff