Difference between revisions of "Key Exchange"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
* See also [[Proof Key for Code Exchange]] for a similar
* See also [[Proof Key for Code Exchange]] for a similar .
Revision as of 10:14, 31 May 2022
Full Title or Meme
Key Exchange protocols typical precede secure communications.
- In the 1970's and onward, key exchange was typically a mechanical process were encryption or signing keys were distributed by physically embedding the key in a piece of hardware that was then put into tamper-evident packaging an physically moved to both ends of the secure communications channel.
- With the advent of Public Key Cryptography, various Key Exchange protocols have been developed that use some sort of Public Key Infrastructure to initiate a secure communication channel.
- With the advent of Public Key Infrastructure provably security Key Exchange is possible and in 2021 had been demonstrated.
- Thomas C. Jones
- See also Proof Key for Code Exchange for a similar application.