Passenger Name Record
Full Title or Meme
An identifier originally for airline passengers.
After the attacks on 9-11 there was a major push to be sure that passengers on airlines were well identified and vetted.
- PNR Code and last person to update the record (usually airline personnel)
- Name primary
- Name Others
- Seat No
- Seat No
- Contact phone - holder or agent
- Ticket Date etc.
- Contact Details
- Special Servies
- Many other line items include FP = Financial Payment info
Secure Flight Passenger Data
This is sent by the airline to the TSA or similar security agency
- Redress number - to disambiguate passengers with same name as a do-not-fly person
- Data may be retained for 5 years (archives may be kept an additional 10 years)
- Six months after the flight the data must be depersonalized
- Passenger Name Record (PNR): Meaning, Purpose, and Future (2022-07-15) You Tube
- See also wiki page for Power of Passengers