Full Title or Meme
Prior to the professorship of Franz Boas in 1896 Culture was singular and designated what has been called "The Western Canon", which preaches that cultural relativism is turning American students into unpatriotic nihilists. Since Boss's paper in 1911 and the work of his students like Margaret Mead it is clear that culture is learned and can be whatever we train our children to be. While both of these ideas can be true, the choice of one culture over another is open for any person to decide for themselves and to attempt to then teach their culture to others who are willing to listen.
- The web does not respect culture or morals, it just spreads ideas of any sort what-so-ever.
- Cultures support all sort of bad behavior which was once isolated geographically and now is spread far and wide by the web.
- While once the "clash of cultures" occured between countries, or regions, it is now wide open for all to see.
- Kevin Laland, Darwin's Unfinished Symphony: How Culture Made the Human Mind,. (2018-09-11) University of St Andrews Scotland, ISBN 978-0691182810
- Allen Bloom, The Closing of the American Mind (1987-12-01) ASIN B006T77PH4
- Charles King, Gods of the Upper Air: How a Circle of Renegade Anthropologists Reinvented Race, Sex, and Gender in the Twentieth Century'. (2019-08-06) Doubleday ISBN 978-0385542197