Full Title or Meme
FHIR (Fast Health Interoperability Resources) is designed to enable information exchange to support the provision of healthcare in a wide variety of settings.
- Pronounced "fire" it is primarily a data formatting and semantic set of standards.
- HNS Digital GP Connect 1.2.0 on github FHIR standard for trial use (3) STU3
- Health Level Seven (HL7®) International standards body HL7 FHIR and their wiki
- Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) wiki on Security
- FHIR can be encoded in several formats, only json and xml seems to be in current consideration, but a jsonLD version has been published.
- IHE Audit Trail and Node Authentication
- Trust Label is a discoverable and computable set of metadata to convey asserted trust attributes of an exchange partner.
- Current document exchange is focused on XDS or similar and the bulk of data is image data. There is little impetus to move quickly the HL7 FHIR.
- Healthcare data for patients has been stored on desparate networks that could not interchange data which left patients without a permanent health record as the moved across the states.
- A FHIR Sandbox for InterSystems is now operational. https://www.healthit.gov/techlab/ipg/node/4/submission/2231
- A jsonLD implementation can be found here https://github.com/fhircat/fhircat/wiki
- FHIR, SMAT, CDS Hooks overview A good YouTube presentation from Josh Mandel to get started.