Full Title or Meme
A Legal Name is a name that has meaning in a court of law.
Typically a child or a corporation gets assigned a name at birth.
- Legal names can be changed by the bearer or guardian and so cannot be relied upon to stay constant over time.
- Legal names are only valid in a legal jurisdiction, typically a sovereign state.
- Moving the bearer of the name to a region with a different alphabet will require some sort of transliteration of the name at a minimum.
- So the legal name could be different in different jurisdictions.
- User Objects should have a name (key) that is assigned when the object is created, and that should never be changed unless some error has occurred.
- Any other Identifier in the User Object should be changable under the right conditions.