Full Title or Meme
The rational agent in creation of the reality. Or as the controlling principle in the universe.
- The Greek root work for logic, often translated as speech, word or reason. For example the Gospel of John starts, "In the beginning was the word (logos).,"
- Also confused with the plural of logo meaning word or sign representative of some real-world entity, from the same root.
- In Platonism logos was understood as a mediating principle between God and human beings and they viewed it as an agent in creation.
- Stoics considered logos as the intelligible structure immanent in nature or as the rational principle
- Justin Martyr combined the Platonic and Stoic understanding of logos with the Christian element noting its virtue of origin in God and its nature as the rational principle within God.