The Identity Management Design Wiki
Use this site to collect from, or add to, the knowledge about real-world implementations of identification of entities involved in computer networking.
This wiki is organized as a collection of Design Patterns, some of which are just a glossary of terms used, and others which go deeper into the design process. It also contains a few long-form articles on broader subjects.
Getting started on Identity
- The Identity page explores the changing expectations that individuals have towards there identity and privacy.
- The Identity Taxonomy page is a good place to start.
- The Identity Model Overview has a good diagram showing the various places that User Information can be found.
- The Identity Model page shows one good way to enable authentication with no leakage of any User Information.
- The Design Pattern page explains the methodology used for creating pages on this wiki and its foundation in community and privacy.
- The General Theory of Living Systems page goes into the relationship between Carbon-based Life Forms and silicon-based life forms.
- Much of the current effort is directed toward the creation of a Federation Trust Registry.
- The Glossary may be accessed by clicking on the Category link at the bottom of this page.