Full Title or Meme
- ONAP is one of the Linux Foundation Open Source Software projects.
- ONAP is an open source software platform that provides a comprehensive platform for real-time, policy-driven orchestration and automation of physical and virtual network functions that will enable software, network, IT and cloud providers and developers to rapidly automate new services and support complete lifecycle management. By unifying member resources, ONAP is accelerating the development of a vibrant ecosystem around a globally shared architecture and implementation for network automation–with an open standards focus–faster than any one product could on its own.
The Open Source folk seem to think that everyone understand all the new TLA that they throw around without even a full name.
- VFC = Virtual Function Controller
- NVF could be = NFV Network Function Virtualization or it could be VNF, but there is no way to know.
- CNCF Cloud Native Computing Foundation - home for Kubernetes etc.
- IMS - a 4G technology = IP Multimedia Core Network Subsystem
- RAN - a 5G technology = Radio Access Network
- ETSI = European Telecommunications Standards Institute with an expanded view of their scope of standardization
- MEC = Multi-access Edge Computing' from ETSI = local servers, what a concept, centralize, then decentralize, then repeat ad infinitum.
- The ONAP community defines blueprints for key use cases, such as 5G, BBS, CCVPN, Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- ONAP blueprints
- Web Services