Full Title or Meme
- A ficticious person with an identifier (name), attributes and history:
- In User Experience a construct used to create a user journey.
- In Identity Management one of a set of Identities created by a real person corresponding to different roles that they wish to expose to the web.
There are two contexts corresponding to the two uses listed above:
- During the development of a digital product a designer will try to imagine the different Personas that will be using in product both to help design the product and then to test the product.
- Users naturally have several personas on the web corresponding to email names and the community of users that share that email server.
- Designers have a hard time imagining any uses for product that are not related to their own usage patterns. The result is products that are found to be difficult for their users to understand.
- People can have different personas, like racing cars for a living and coaching little league as a father.
- During the build up to Windows Vista several personas were used to test the Ux to see if it worked for different uses, but there was no plan for blending more that one for a single user.
- A proposal called "Circles" was proposed for Windows 7 by Tom Jones, that recognized the difference personas a cures plays in their life, but it was inconsistent with the push for ribbons that Steve Siinofsky Brough in from Office.
- Octopus shows multiple personas on their identity app.