A person (or AI) determined to uncover truths and the tell the world about that which has been discovered.
- "The seeking is a never-ending circle until one is satisfied. For me, that satisfaction was never really present until the theories of QAnon started emerging." "When a person grounds their serenity and joy in a false claim about reality, you do little but cause pain if you try to root it out."
- Induction of truth from repeated (or revealed) experience is addictive. It gives us power over our environment.
- Both humans and AI suffer from the same malady. We are not able to distinguish truth from coincidence. Some are more susceptible to the malady than others.
- The unexamined life is not worth living. -- Socrates
- Virginia Heffernan, The Pleasure Principle Wired 30 No 4 (2022-04) pp 7ff