Full Title or Meme
Originally created to support the identifier scheme tid:
- The big problem with any sort of Self-issued Identifier is Trust where there are no standards or examples of any trust without a history of trusted behavior.
A set of rules have been established to ensure that all the methods used in the resolution are trusted.
- Method names not issued by a UN recognized government must consist of 3 or more ASCII characters.
- Non-repudiation is supported by method
- Collusion is blocked by the rules and the practices of the method
- Justified collusion is logical and well accepted
- Once a method has been accepted into a Trusted Resolver it will not be removed, but may be marked as non-trustworthy.
- Example http:TrustRegistry.us or http:TrustRegistry.org
- The wiki page Universal Resolver deals with any method for creating a tid:, including some excluded by a Trusted Resolver.