Difference between revisions of "User Name"
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
Latest revision as of 15:02, 12 August 2018
Full Title or Meme
In this wiki the User Name is referred to as one of the following:
- User Identifier when the user is a natural person. (n.b. this should not be considered to the the real-world name of the user.)
- Subject Identifier or (sub) in the OpenID Connect specifications.
- Pseudonym when the Subject is not known to be (or is known not to be) a natural person.
- It is recommended that the User choose a User Name that is a Pseudonym unless the user is happy to have their real identity leak out.
- While it is true that some Identifier or Attribute Providers, like Facebook, claim to only use Real Identifiers, there is ample evidence that is not true.
- Facebook real-name policy controversy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook_real-name_policy_controversy