Best Practice in HealthCare
Full Title or Meme
Best Practice Use Cases in HealthCare
healthcare interoperability has been a great pain point to date with one of the primary barriers being the lack of a true business incentive to compel providers and EHR developers to be “open” with this ever-so-important data. To this end, in recent proposed regulations, federal health leaders have clamped down, perhaps harder than ever before, in their ongoing effort to guide stakeholders to a world in which seamless health data exchange is the norm, rather than a rarity.
In the absence of a single payer health care network, the US is blessed with a plethora of solutions, but plagued with the resultant lack of interoperability.
It is generally agreed that it is better for doctors to have a full set of patient health histories to enable adequate care, especially in life-or-death emergency cases.
Federated Trust Anchor
- It is likely that a single anchor for a country's health ecosystem is required where any patient or provider can learn the status of any Web Site by providing metadata about the entity that operates the Web Site from a Federation Trust Registry.
- It is likely that the entity operating the Web Site will not be the health service Provider, and so a "On-behalf-of" Identifier is likely to be required as well.
Deborah C. Peel, MD Founder and President Patient Privacy Rights
- The best Patient Experience will not be delivered by focusing on Patient's legal rights, but rather focusing on the Patient User Experience.
- For a good example of a User Experience see the wiki page Health Care Native App Example.
Emergency Contact Example
- Kantara sample with first demo of a Emergency Contact Information Use Case
. See an evolving example of this use case at http://controls.azurewebsites.net
- The H-ISAC Healthcare Information Sharing and Analysis Center provides a forum for coordinating, collaborating and sharing vital Physical and Cyber Threat Intelligence and best practices with each other.
- Healthcare Informatics is an on-line magazine.
- The The Strategic Health Information Exchange Collaborative (SHIEC) is the national collaborative representing health information exchanges (HIEs) and their strategic business and technology partners.
- The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) seems to be pushing back on greater integration in health care.
- Authenticate Node section 19 of (2018-07-24) IHE IT Infrastructure Technical Framework primarily relies on mutual authentication with no specific trust anchor other than X.509 certificate chains.
- IDESG health wiki pages.