Full Title or Meme
A computer model of a real-world object for purposes of prediction or explaination of the actions of real-world object.
- The concept of Digital Twin was created as an avatar that could be used as a model for one particular Entity’s behavior.
- It can also be used as an agent used to perform actions for a human operating independently in the digital regime.
- In one view, the Digital Twin is created to contain all possible Attributes and Behaviors of a real human being. This rather dystopian view creates a existential threat to the real human's privacy.
- How Digital Twins Could Protect Manufacturers from Cyberattacks
At the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology and the University of Michigan, researchers have combined digital twin technology, machine learning, and human expertise into a cybersecurity framework for manufacturers. The researchers constructed a digital twin to mimic a three-dimensional (3D)-printing process, supplemented with information from a real 3D printer. Pattern-recognizing models monitored and analyzed continuous data streams computed by the digital twin as the printer created a part, then the researchers introduced various anomalies. The programs handed each detected irregularity to another computer model to check against known issues, for classification as expected anomalies or potential cyberthreats; a human expert made the final determination. The team found the framework could correctly differentiate cyberattacks from normal anomalies.
- How Digital Twins can improve manufacturing productivity by 20-30%.
- Robert Mitwiki Self Actioning System, a preferred systemic embodiment of “Digital Self” Human Colossus Foundations (2023-07-27) https://humancolossus.foundation/blog/nbspai-governance-starts-with-data-governancenbsp-atttk
- NIST How Digital Twins Could Protect Manufacturers from Cyberattacks NIST News (2023-02-23) https://www.nist.gov/news-events/news/2023/02/how-digital-twins-could-protect-manufacturers-cyberattacks
- Demitrious Georgakopoulos + 1, Digital Twins and Dependency/Constraint-Aware SI for Digital Manufacturing CACM 66 No. 7 (2023-07) p. 87ff